Six years back I decided that I wanted to do something different for the rest of my life, Since then have been pursuing my passion for travel and wildlife photography.I am associated with Saucam Foundation a NGO working for rural girl child welfare and also making efforts to improve hygiene amongst people of rural India. This experience of working for the NGO has made me realise that the greatest joy in life is the joy of giving.
I held my first photo exhibition in September 2017 to raise funds for Saucam foundation .
Contributed a small video clip to this documentary telecast on Animal Planet
Managed to reduce my “Bucket List ” by one
Bungee Jumping has to be one of the most challenging, terrifying, crazy things i have done in my life till now. I did it from the Victoria Falls Bridge which marks the border between Zimbabwe and Zambia. I did both the platform and Bungee Jumping from this bridge and the jump was from 111 meters above the river.
Me doing the Bungee
The Platform Jump
. I am happy and completely satisfied with the journey thus far. These six years of freedom from the rat race has taught me a lot.
The first and foremost thing is the realisation that neither I am a rat nor was there a race on.
People ask me are you happy with your decision?
And when I answer “ never was I happier”
they ask what has changed?
So I borrowed these lines that i read somewhere to convey what has changed in me in the last 6 years
- Have realised that I am not “Atlas”. The world does not rest on my shoulders.
- Stopped bargaining with vegetables & fruits vendors. After all, a few rupees more is not going to burn a hole in my pocket but it might help the poor fellow save for his daughter’s school fees.
- Stopped telling the elderly that they’ve already narrated that story many times. After all, the story makes them walk down the memory lane & relive the past.
- I give compliments freely & generously. After all it’s a mood enhancer not only for the recipient, but also for me.
- Learnt not to bother about a crease or a spot on my shirt. After all, personality speaks louder than appearances.
- Learnt to walk away from people who don’t value me. After all, they might not know my worth, but I do.
- Learnt that it’s better to drop the ego than to break a relationship that I value. After all, my ego will keep me aloof whereas with relationships I will never be alone.
- Learnt to live each day as if it’s the last. After all, it might be the last.
- I am doing what makes me happy. After all, I am responsible for my happiness, and I owe it to me.
- Stopped reading News papers and seeing 24X7 news channels.
- Quit of all Social platforms
Sharing a selection of photos from this years travels that I think are worth sharing again.